Skip to main content
What is South Carolina Business Week?
How does the program work?
- Students form mock companies of 10-12 students.
- Student companies are led by Company Advisors and loaned executives from businesses across South Carolina.
- Students attend workshops on all aspects of business and test newly-acquired knowledge in a computer business simulation game.
- Using the game, students compete to make their company the most profitable through sound business decisions.
Who makes up the faculty?
- 30-40 leaders in business, education and government share their special knowledge and skills with the students.
- CEOs from some of South Carolina’s largest corporations provide the big picture.
- Students hear from experts in entrepreneurship, diversity, communications, international business, management and research and development.
Is there some time for fun?
- Students have time to use the recreational facilities at the college every day.
- Planned activities, such as a pizza party, ice cream social, movie night and a talent show allow time to meet new friends from across South Carolina.
How much does it cost?
- Because of the generous support of business sponsors from across South Carolina, the cost to attend Business Week is minimal for each student. Only a $75.00 application fee applies.
What is covered by the Business Week Sponsorship?
- Dormitory accommodations for the week
- Three meals a day
- All instructional materials